(Formerly the Tenterden Schools Christian worker trust)
Early in 2011 Anglican churches in the then Tenterden Deanery started discussing the possibility of providing Homewood School with a full-time Christian Schools Worker, to work exclusively in the school.
The plan developed momentum with the strong enthusiasm and support of the Principal of Homewood, Sally Lees who became a strong advocate, and provided a compelling vision of how the Christian Schools Worker would be welcomed at Homewood.
Nathan Wilson was our first Christian Schools Worker, and was with us April 2012 to July 2016, based at Homewood School, Tenterden.
James Smith was appointed in June 2017, at the Marsh Academy, New Romney and worked until February 2019.
Now 7 years on . . .
We appointed Richard Dowling in January 2017 as Schools worker for Homewood, Tenterden and we are recruiting for the Marsh Academy, New Romney.
The Trust provides:
- Support and encourage Christian pupils, and staff
- Pastoral support to the whole school community
- Helps the teaching of the social and spiritual curriculum, including ERS (Ethical and Religious Studies).
- Helps with planning and leading of school clubs.
We believe this project is important because
- It links the young members of our churches, who would otherwise be isolated,
- It offers continuity of support, which many churches offer through our primary schools, on into secondary school.
- It demonstrates churches working together as a sign of the Kingdom of God.
- It shows God’s love to Young People in a way that was not possible before
Please support us with donations and prayer.